Monday, April 8, 2013

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!

 Paprika checking out her new sign purchased at the Fair Trade store in Stanwood on Camano Island in WA this past week.

I just came in from feeding this lovely lady and her sister and I knew exactly what needed to be posted today.  So I'm taking a break from explaining why I've started blogging in the first place to tell you that  EGGS are in season right now!  This past week I've made several batches of deviled eggs because of the surplus coming from my two hens (Spring seems to really get these ladies going!).  One lesson I've learned is that backyard eggs' shells don't peel nearly as easy as the store bought ones.  Alas after a year of raising my own hens I've finally found a flaw...I think I can live with it. On the bright side, literally, backyard deviled eggs are so much more vibrant!  And I don't think I could get that greenish grey ring around the yolk if I tried.  I say that because I always seemed to get that discoloration when I hard boiled store bought eggs in the past, but not anymore!  The final recipe posted here is a combination of several recipes I tried.  Make sure you taste along the way and adjust the flavoring to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment