Thursday, May 16, 2013

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

I haven't posted in 12 days, and I am ashamed. Like the absence of a vegetable in the off season, my hope is that I've left you wanting more.  But first, my apologies.  I've got one excuse, which is quite literally just a reason: work. Enough said, don't want to talk about it! Sadly though this has led to less cooking, not no cooking, just less.  So hear is a brief recap:

This evening is the third farmers' market and hopefully I will finally remember to take pictures. I've been picking up asparagus and leeks.  I love leeks!  They are just like onions and garlic and chives, but subtle and sweet. And somehow the ones in my garden are never as big and beautiful as the ones at the farmers' market.  My sister has been requesting baked potato soup for weeks and I had just come across a potato leek soup recipe that I hadn't tried yet, so that was the first thing I made despite the fact that we were already into 80 degree weather (prematurely I should note)-recipe coming soon.  So there it is LEEKS are in season!


No comments:

Post a Comment